Let me start this post with my pinakafavorite forever and ever year-ender song. This was originally from the musical Rent, never saw the movie but this song just hits the spot! 🙂 I suggest you listen to this while reading the post. Background music lang hehe.
There’s also another version that features Stevie Wonder, as wonderful as it is but let’s have have the movie version for now. 🙂 Uhmm so, why this song? As for me, each time I listen to the words “525,600 minutes, how do you measure a year in the life?”, I find myself reflecting on all the things that happened to me. Good or bad, happy or sad. This song makes me thankful of all the good things that I had and accept the not-so-good. Even more, it makes me appreciate the people who are with me on all those times that I’ve been through. Again, good or bad, happy or sad. 🙂
Flashback to 2011.
365 days are a lot. Same are the things that took place this year. I have had a lot of first times actually hehe. In no particular order:
- It was my first time in Baguio. Yes, you read it right. 🙂 Thanks to GV clothing for tagging us along to the sponsorship event there. If not for it, I have never been there until now nyaha.
- Also my first time to be in Batangas twice for the summer. One for our company outing and the other for our barkada trip. The 2 resorts are side by side each other. hehe
- Like 2010, I also have some celebrity encounters this year. Only it was more personal this time. Ako na! hehe We met up with PBA star Gabe Norwood for his Tiki shirt. Also, met Ria Bautista of the band Paramita. Even had the chance to drink and dine with her. Cool di ba? 🙂 And just recently, with the Fliptop idol BLKD. He modeled the latest GV shirt. It was an honor, to be honest, since he is one of the most respected rap artists in the league, and to have him endorse GV is a big thing.
- In the not so good part, first time ko madukutan. It was almost midnight in Baclaran, when a kid made limos to me and unknowingly, my cellphone was picked. It’s bad enough that I lost my phone, but the fact that a kid did it made it worse. 😦
- I also got regularized at work this year. Yey!
- First time to go to a lot of places: malls, restaurants, parks, events, etc.
- One of the highlights of this year is seeing Kobe Bryant in person! 🙂 Not a huge fan, but still.. come on that’s Kobe. 😀
- GV had a great 2011 as well. Hundreds of shirts printed. And I am happy to say that our ka-vibes are growing in number and in orders too. teehee
- I also got back to blogging this year, hence, this post. I am taking it more seriously this time. >.<
- Got some new gadgets as well this year. Rar!
- H’s first time in the Philippines too. I have never been aware of Sesame Street and other kids’ stuff until now. 🙂
- We are also setting the record for the most number of times a couple ate at Jollibee nyaha. Yes, we go there at least 5 days a week for months now. Won’t get tired of the food as long as we’re together. Naks! <3<3
- Hmmmm what else? There’s a lot really, I can’t remember them all. I’m trying my best here.. hehe
All in all, 2011 has been a great year for me. Most of the things are good, actually. 🙂 And for 2012, I’m not wishing for a worry-free life. I just wish to still be with the same wonderful people that I am with now for the next years because for me, no matter how bad things are, it can be good as long as you’re surrounded by the right people. I am measuring my year in the presence of friends and loved ones. And I know you know who you guys are. 🙂 Happy new year to us! Thank you 2011 for being good, keep it up for 2012 ha? And more posts to come for me!! 🙂
How about you? How do you measure your year? 🙂