If you are looking for affordable but decent hotel within the metro, then this is for you! Yes, you read it right. The photo above is just at the heart of Pasay City.
Located in Park Avenue Street, this is only few blocks away from MRT/LRT Taft station and is a good central location if you are planning to go to let’s say MOA, Makati or even to the airport. I must admit though, the area can be a little sketchy so I suggest that you take a grab/uber ride whenever you go in/out the hotel.
What I like:
- check in / check out process was swift plus they offer welcome drink while waiting
- mid rise hotel but has an elevator
- attentive and accomodating staff, we were even ushered to our room which was just at the second floor hehe
- provided fresh towels, toiletries and slippers!!
- rainshower with hot water! 🤗
- everything is working well (aircon, tv, door / window locks, flush)
- clean swimming pool plus pool towels (though we were not able to swim)
- buffet pinoy breakfast (tocino, fried dilis, salted egg, beef with mushroom, etc.)
- complimentary 10-min foot massage
- they have a medidation garden which smells reaaallly good and is super quiet. perfect for some alone time
What I don’t like:
- P1,000 deposit upon check in (refundable upon check out if no damage incurred)
- intermittent in-room wifi
- i don’t like the fact that i was not able to avail of the free foot massage 🙃
They also have a restaurant called Tabla which serves mostly Filipino dishes, pasta and the likes. We tried bagnet, tuyo pasta and garlic rice for dinner. Good for sharing and total bill is only around P400+.
As with breakfast, they usually serve it buffet style on weekends and plated on weekdays. But according to the receptionist, if they have enough guests they do buffet breakfast on weekdays and true enough we enjoyed it even on a Friday morning. 😊
What also makes Selah Garden Hotel unique is that they offer activities for adventure seekers. It may not be obvious on photos, but they have facilities for wall climbing, free fall, zip line and scuba diving lessons! As you may notice, the pool goes from 4ft deep to 10ft. That is because it doubles as facility for scuba diving lessons. They also have an in-house spa service. This is indeed a place for both relaxation and adventure!
Let’s now go to the best part: the cost. You might think that it will cost a lot to stay somewhere with these features. Of course not! I will not stay here if it’s expensive in the first place haha. Regular rates play around P3000 for a flagship room for 2. This one, I booked via Traveloka with regular rate of P2390 but since it’s my first booking I got P600 off so I only paid P1790, amazing isn’t it? 😊
By the way, I noted on my reservation that I will be staying during my birthday and asked for some treats. Not really expecting any so ayun, wala nga haha! Nice try, Les. 😂
So there, you might want to consider Selah Garden Hotel for your future staycations. Have fun!